Saturday, March 8, 2008

Chosen...


We got “the call”!! The day that I thought was just a dream became a reality.

I am still not sure that it feels “real” yet.

New Life called us Wednesday to tell us that a birth mom has chosen us!!

As much as I thought that there would be a huge sigh of relief, this has only begun the next leg of prayer and faith for us! This means that we have been chosen for the next phase of this journey.

What the journey looks like from here, no one can be sure, but we can be sure that the Lord has a plan.

Two and a half months of waiting on a call, felt like it took six. The Lord has shown me already the anxiety and sin in that. This has been such a refining and sanctifying process for us.

The Lord has truly shown us how much of this adoption we still had as our plan. We really thought that we would be having a black or biracial baby. This birth mom is neither! As a matter of fact, nothing of this birth mom looks like anything I had imagined! How often do we take God’s “plan” and incorporate all of our opinions, or what we think it will look like. The Lord has shown me this week how very much of this adoption had become “mine” instead of His!

No matter the outcome of this phase, we can be sure of one thing….the Lord has taught (and is still teaching) us so much, and for that we will be forever grateful. He has taught us so much about faith, or our lack thereof. He has taught us about his sovereignty and faithfulness. He has taught us how far we are from living a life of faith where we are obedient with no details of the future.

We will meet our birth mom sometime after spring break! For now you can be praying with us for her. Her name is Kacie.

I can’t wait to see her beautiful face, and precious belly!

10 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Wow! Thanks for your heartfelt words and your transparency. I'm rejoicing with you guys and will be praying. Keep us posted. I can't wait for you to meet the birth mom!

Praise the Lord. To Him be the glory.
Lyns

Judy said...

Yipeee!!!! What an answer to our prayers!!! I sent you an email my friend. :)
Love you!
Judy

Jenn said...

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


ohhh man. i cant wait to come hug you. thank you for keeping us updated and being honest. i value it so much.

i'm back in town on monday. i want to see you guys over spring break!

Melodi said...

I'm constantly amazed at how God is affecting our body at LH through adoption. Thank you so much for sharing. I will pray for Kacie and for you guys.

Love you,

Melodi

Jess said...

Praise God! :)

Hendrick Family said...

When you see her face, it will be like you've known her forever.

That's what God does through prayer. For the FIRST time in my life, I can finally understand how Paul could love people in scripture he had never met, with such a deep love. Prayer!

We are rejoicing with you in the Hendrick house. Praise Him!

Heather

alisha said...

i'm so thrilled for you & your family!! what joy & excitement!

The Lord's plan are SO MUCH better than our own.

Praying for y'all & the birth mom,
alisha

The Mosiers said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys!! Thank you so much for your transparency and honestly through this process. Yay!!

Erin

Nichole said...

I'm so excited for your family! I can't wait to meet this baby. I love you!
-Nichole

Jennifer Bacak said...

I have prayed for this woman for a long time. What a privelege. I love her and her belly too.
I love you Feldman people.
Thanks for sharing this with everyone and allowing God to speak through you!
Love you!
jenn