Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Day We Met Her....


I am struggling with what all to write about meeting our birth mom. I want so badly to remember every detail, every question, every answer.

Her name is Kacie.

Her favorite food right now is chicken fajitas & WhataChicken.

Her favorite color is red.

She has reddish, auburn hair, with freckles all over.

She loves to watch sports, especially basketball.

She is the oldest of 3 children, and has a brother and sister.

She is close to her mom, but she lives out of state right now.

I thought about that. How scary for her to go through all of this without a momma to hold her hand. Who will be in the delivery room with her? Who all will she call?

I am trying to remember every detail of the day, of the conversation, where everyone sat, every detail…the day that we met our birth mom.

She is beautiful – I mean it, really cutie! If our child looks anything like his/her birth mom, he/she will be gorgeous!

The meeting was wonderful! Only the first 2 minutes were awkward, just the ‘getting started’ part. After that, we just sat and talked until we almost lost track of time.

It was one of the most amazing days of my life, and yet it was one of the hardest. There I sat, just feet away from our baby. To think that our child heard our voices for the first time (I’m telling you we were close, especially for pictures).

As we watched her get in the car and drive away, I cried. I cried because I was happy, I cried because my baby was leaving and I had no control over anything that happened. I praise the Lord that our God is always in control!! I am finding that I need less and less control(as uncomfortable as that is), and more and more faith!!

Please be praying with Chris & me for Kacie. Pray for her salvation. Pray that we will be able to love her as an example of how Christ loves her. Pray for her health, and that of the precious little baby inside her. But most of all pray for her salvation. Pray that she will see who God really is. Pray that she will come to understand how much he adores and loves her.

This was yet another day that I have dreamed of, but never could imagine being real. What an amazing day!

...by the way she loved the flowers (if you missed that, read below)

4 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Praying and so happy for you guys!

The flower story is pretty awesome. The Lord is in every single detail. So cool!

Love,
Lynsey

Jennifer Bacak said...

What a sweet day! Keep it etched in your memory forever!
I can't wait for that Feldman baby to arrive, and I will continue to pray for Kacie! I pray God binds you together like family, and she sees a loving God in your faces every time! (Because I do. God is all over you, girl!)
jenn

Becky said...

Hi Shannan. I found your blog through the Hendrick's. I don't personally know Heather, just through blogging about adoption. I am a local adoptive mom of two. You are welcome to visit my blog as I am in the process of sharing my son's story. Are the three in the picture natural birth children of yours and this is your first adoption experience?
Hope you don't mind my peeking and sharing!!

Feldman Family said...

Don't mind you peeking at all! The three children in the pic are our biological children. This is our first adoption experience....and what an experience it is (Praise the Lord)!!