Thursday, August 23, 2007

Teaching the Kids....or God Teaching Me???


The kids have been studying Hebrews 11. FAITH is the cornerstone of our beliefs, and yet it is often so lacking in our adult lives. My thought was that if we studied FAITH in God’s word, we could grasp what it is, and how it should affect our lives.


“FAITH is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about the things we cannot see.” [Hebrews 11:1 NLV]
What things do we hope for? Are they God’s things or our own?


I love it when God teaches me SO much through me teaching my kids!! What in the world happens to us as we grow up….where does our child-like faith go? Why is it so easy for the world to steal our FAITH and replace it with doubt? That’s a chunk to chew on!!
"it is impossible to please God without FAITH. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." [Hebrews 11:6 NLV]

No comments: